Ways to Support
Education is a right worth fighting for.
Let’s do it together.
There are many ways you can help students stay in school, find hope and grow. Your generosity is an investment in our shared future, benefiting individual students and families as well as our community.
8 Easy Ways to Give
Join our Legacy Society: Leave a gift in your will.
One of the easiest ways you can have a lasting impact on students and families who need your help is by designating a gift to Student Advocacy Center in your will. It does not affect assets or cash flow during your lifetime. Talk to your tax advisor about the many tax benefits. We’ll recognize your generosity annually.
For more information, contact Executive Director Peri Stone-Palmquist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more About Legacy Giving
A legacy gift is a simple yet significant way for you to make a lasting impact at Student Advocacy Center.
- It does not affect assets or cash flow during your lifetime.
- It is revocable. You can change the provisions in your will or trust at any time.
- Your giving options are increased, allowing you to designate a specific dollar amount or percentage of the balance remaining in your estate after taxes, expenses and specific bequests have been paid.
- Talk to your tax advisor about the many tax benefits.
Qualify for membership in our Legacy Society. Your generosity will be recognized annually.
- Contact Executive Director Peri Stone-Palmquist at email@example.com.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- If you include SAC in your plans, please use our legal name and Federal Tax ID.
- Legal Name: Student Advocacy Center of Michigan. Address: 124 Pearl St., Suite 504, Ypsilanti, MI 48197. Federal Tax ID Number: 38-2058667.
- Please provide us documentation of your decision and plans, so we can recognize you properly.
All unrestricted charitable gifts are used strategically to support priorities determined by the Board of Directors. If you have a more specific purpose in mind, please contact us (734) 482-0489 to ensure that we can meet your wishes.
Contribute with our Charitable IRA Rollover plan.
We can accept IRA rollover contributions from donors ages 70½ and older, pursuant to the IRA Charitable Rollover provision. Talk with your financial planner to learn more about tax advantages. Contributions can only be accepted directly from traditional IRAs or Roth IRAs. Distributions must be made directly from the IRA trustee, payable to Student Advocacy Center.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our Dream Team to help kids in foster care.
The Dream Team supports students in foster care or other Student Advocacy Center programs by helping purchase items for college, school clothing or specialized equipment.
To sign up, contact email@example.com.
Show you care with In Kind Gifts.
- Give us gift certificates/cards for students in our mentoring program. You can choose gift cards to grocery stores (Gordon Food Service, Meijer, Kroger), area restaurants (McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Jimmie John’s, etc.) or fun places (Zap Zone, Sky Zone, Planet Rock, Detroit Zoo, movie theater).
- Donate books to the youth we support.
- Help us by purchasing something from our Amazon Wish List.
Use our AmazonSmile link when you shop at Amazon.
Amazon will donate 0.5 percent of the price of your eligible purchases when you designate Student Advocacy Center as your preferred charity and shop through this link.
“I avoided creating a will for far too long, but I am so glad we finally got organized and created a document that reflects our wishes. I am proud to have Student Advocacy Center in my will, because I know that every gift to SAC creates a legacy. That’s how important an education is.”
– Peri Stone-Palmquist, Executive Director, Student Advocacy Center