Skip to content
SAC Donor Bill of Rights
- To maintain records of all gifts and any restricted use of gifts, according to IRS guidelines.
- Inform donors of organization’s mission, how we intend to use donated resources and capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purpose.
- Inform donors of the identity of our Board of Directors.
- To give access to the organization’s recent financial statements when requested and keep watchdog Websites (such as Guidestar) up to date with financials.
- To use gifts for the purpose for which they were given.
- To sincerely acknowledge and recognize donors.
- To handle information about donations with respect and confidentiality to the extent provided by law. With respect to anonymous gifts, the Student Advocacy Center will restrict information about the donor to only those staff members with a need to know.
- To maintain relationships in a professional way.
- To inform donors when those soliciting funds are volunteers, employees or hired solicitors.
- To provide an opportunity for donors to delete their names from mailing lists.
- To provide prompt, truthful and forthright answers to donors.